Prior to joining Abris in 2010, Łukasz provided accounting services to manufacturing operations of Philips in the Netherlands and Austria. He was responsible for booking cost invoices, preparing weekly proposals for the optimal payments plan, reconciling inter-company accounts and preparing periodic and ad-hoc monitoring reports of KPI’s for the management and external users. During his employment at Philips, Łukasz also co-authored a set of semi-automated reports in Excel using VBA macros which significantly increased team productivity.
Łukasz gained his extensive financial experience while working in Ireland Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in Dublin between 2006-2010. He contributed to the couple of institutions in the sector: State Street and Northern Trust, where he worked in Hedge Fund Accounting Departments. He calculated NAV on week-end and month-end valuation points, updated the centralized pricing spreadsheet linked with portfolio analysis, and reconciled outstanding stock and cash items against prime brokers' reports. Łukasz also carried out an ad-hoc reporting when required. He liaised directly with portfolio managers and fund auditors.
In addition, Łukasz provided training sessions for new team members in basic aspects of fund accounting, internal procedures and valuation software. He was certified by Institute of Bankers in Ireland after passing exam on Funds’ accounting, custody, trusty and transfer agency matters.
Currently, Łukasz works closely with Abris Partners and CFO (Stephen Richmond) on fund reporting matters. During fundraising of Funds II and III he was involved in providing portfolio-wide financial information. On a quarterly basis he is responsible for investment monitoring reports as well as reporting to data gatherers such as Invest Europe, EMPEA, Preqin, Refinitiv etc. Together with CFO, Łukasz conducts a process of quarterly valuation of portfolio companies. He keeps in contact with Fund auditors during year-end and mid-year audits. He also calculates quarterly indicators (DPI, RVPI, TVPI, IRR, CoC) for each of the Funds as well as investment returns for individual investments.
Other responsibilities and main duties include:
- Preparation of Funds Cash Flows prognosis.
- Maintenance of central database with investments statistics.
- Management of Abris’ Fundraising and reporting VDRs.
- Creation of DDQ, PPM and investor presentations as well as preparation of answers to ad-hoc questions from investors about the Funds.
- Creation of financial fund materials for annual and quarterly meetings / update calls / conferences with investors.
- Implementation and management of DealCloud – CRM, deal management software, and iLevel – portfolio and fund reporting solution for Private Equity funds.